There's much more to know about Venchurs than the services detailed elsewhere in this website -- our history, our credentials, our commitment to customers and community, and our dedication to conducting business in an environmentally responsible manner.
So, please, take a few minutes to learn more about our philosophy, our customer promise, and our support for our communities, both local and global. You'll find that Venchurs is not only a capable and dependable business partner, but also an organization that's dedicated to doing the right thing in everything.
John Wyatt Sr. had a vision. More than thirty years ago he saw the need for a company that could package very nearly anything, even when products were large and quantities were small. John realized that many companies, especially those in the vehicular industry, were very good at making things but needed help in packaging them.
So in 1973 he founded Venchurs Packaging, Inc. for the purpose of providing customized packaging services, and found a waiting market with manufacturers of cars, trucks, agricultural equipment, and other mobility vehicles. And while John went on to found several other related companies, Venchurs grew beyond packaging to become a broad-based supply chain management and logistical services provider, as the company became known simply as Venchurs, Inc.
The first of what would become a network of six warehouses was established, and the operation employed a small crew at this single facility. By virtue of sister company Nuestro, LLC, the organization became certified as Minority Business Enterprise in 1998. And the following year the company achieved ISO 9002 certification.
At the time of John's passing in 2004, the company had grown to employing more than 100 in an enterprise encompassing a headquarters of 3 office buildings, along with 6 operating facilities spanning more than a half-million square feet. These buildings sit on more than 58 acres in two locations in geographically-central Michigan.
John's son Jeff Wyatt now heads the company whose client roster now reads like a Who's Who of the transportation industry. Customers include auto makers headquartered in this country and offshore, and leading U.S.-based manufacturers of agricultural and construction equipment, along with the aftermarkets serving these industries.
Awards and Memberships
Certifications and Awards
- Case Supplier Quality Assurance Recognition Award
- Daimler Chrysler Gold Award
- Ford Component Sales Business Innovation Award
- Ford Q1 Award for Excellence Winner
- Nissan Motor Corporation Superior Performance Award
- Pentastar Award Winner
- ISO 9001:2008 Certified
- ISO 14001:2004 Certified
- Michigan Business Pollution Prevention Partnership with Michigan DEQ
Memberships and Affiliations
- AAIA - Automotive Aftermarket Industry Association
- AIAG - Automotive Industry Action Group
- APICS - The Association for Operations Management
- ASQ - American Society for Quality
- Lenawee Chamber for Economic Development
- Michigan Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- MMBDC - Michigan Minority Business Development Council
- SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers